Sacred Heart School was established in 1884. The school has been at its present site since 1933 with the second story being added in 1962.
Throughout much of its history, Sacred Heart has been adminstered by the Sisters of St. Joseph. The Sisters took over the running of the school in 1907 finishing in 1992.
The Sisters served faithfully for over eighty years, providing a quality Catholic education for the population of Morwell.